Hi, I'm Ryder.
I'm a hard-working Canadian who likes to travel, program, design, and discover.
My educational background is in science and engineering, and I currently work as a software developer.
My mantra in life is to always try or learn something new. Whether that be code, an experiment, longboarding, or flying an airplane, if it's something I haven't tried, I'm always keen to try it.
Programming & Software Development
I love the ability to create something out of nothing. Here are a few of the languages and frameworks I'm familiar with, and some of my previous and ongoing experiences.
- Java, Python
- Frameworks & Platforms
- TensorFlow, Django
- WordPress, Symfony
- AngularJS, Cordova, Ionic, Node.js, Electron
- React, React Native, ReactVR
- Projects & Experiences
- Android & iOS App Development
- Web Development
- Machine Learning & Bioinformatics
Here are a few of my recent projects:
Science & Engineering
I have an undergraduate background in the biological and medical sciences, and a graduate background in Biomedical Engineering. I'm specifically interested in the intersection between software, and biomedical engineering.
For the scientists in the room, here are a few of my lab skills.
- Flow cytometry (FACS)
- SDS-PAGE, Agarose gel electrophoresis, Western Blot
- PCR – Conventional, qPCR (Real-time PCR)
- Immunofluorescence, Immunohistochemistry
- Data Mining, Data Analysis
- Biomedical Software Development
UX & Design
With a background in Biomedical Engineering, I've got a strong understanding of human computer interaction. Combined with years of experience in graphic design, I use my skills to build better, and better-looking software.
- Web Design (and development)
- App Design
- Graphic Design & illustration
- Print Design
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premier, Lightroom
- Sketch, Auxure
Leadership & Travel
I'm a big fan of learning new, and teaching new leadership skills. From my experience as a student leader, to presenting at national leadership conferences, I can bring people together.
A big part of my leadership skills come from my experiences travelling. I've been to over 40 countries, and I've got no plans to stop any time soon. For details on my travels, information on countries, and a few stories, check out my travel blog.